Yelm Shoplifters Attempt Theft of About $1,300 in Merchandise Read more
- Sirens: Yelm Girl, 12, Jailed for Assault After Bus Attack; Shoplifters Busted With $1,300 in Merchandise
- Updated: Crash Involving Five Semi Trucks Closed Interstate Lanes for Nine Hours
- Police Allow Treatment Rather Than Jail for Man Who Caused Yelm Walmart Bomb Scare
- Rainier Woman Gets New Family Fit for a Queen
- Prep Volleyball: Rainier Mountaineers Look for Their Moment in the Central 2B
Events & Entertainment
- Nisqually Valley Happenings: Movies in the Park, Jazz in the Park and More
- Tenino Stone Carvers to Give Demonstrations, Lessons During Oregon Trail Days
- Nisqually Valley Happenings: Mermaid Fest, Movies in the Park and More
- Pioneer Village a Highlight of Oregon Trail Days
- Nisqually Valley Happenings: A Community Calendar
Yelm-based Three Girls Media Inc. was recently named Top Boutique Content Marketing Agency in Washington by CV Magazine through its 2019 Media Innovator Awards.
All Thurston County taxpayers pay property taxes to the Port of Olympia. The port has been mismanaged and has been in debt for years, and taxpayers are paying off that debt instead of funding projects for the people of Thurston County.
The Oregonian characterized the 2019 wildfire season as the “season that wasn’t!”
As I sat in a room crowded with newspaper editors, reporters and executives from all across the state of Washington Friday waiting to hear the results of a newspaper contest featuring thousands of entries, I wasn’t all that confident the Nisqually Valley News would take home the most prestig…
Initiative 976 is a highly concerning voter initiative which will repeal significant funding sources for public transportation, highway and road construction, ferries, and a 70 percent reduction in multi-modal project funding.
Too often, elected officials overlook the cumulative costs of regulations, taxes and fees on taxpayers; however, it comes back to bite them hard when people move or take matters into their own hands by initiative.
The “P” in EPA stands for Protection, but the federal Environmental Protection Agency is failing to protect our water and our health. Instead, EPA plans to allow more known toxic cancer-causing chemicals to enter our water supply.