Rhonda Colony and her husband, like many people around the Pacific Northwest, are getting ho… Read more
- Area’s First Cornhole League to Play at Nisqually Moose Lodge
- Yelm Schools Briefly: District Publishes Facilities Plan; Safety Upgrade Designs Expected in November
- Yelm Council Challenger Denies Incumbent’s Claims of Ineligibility, Alleges Dirty Politics
- Q&A Forum: Candidate Introductions
- Chamber Luncheon Plays Host to Six Candidates for Yelm Council
Events & Entertainment
- Nisqually Valley Happenings: Movies in the Park, Jazz in the Park and More
- Tenino Stone Carvers to Give Demonstrations, Lessons During Oregon Trail Days
- Nisqually Valley Happenings: Mermaid Fest, Movies in the Park and More
- Pioneer Village a Highlight of Oregon Trail Days
- Nisqually Valley Happenings: A Community Calendar
Finishing with a time of 15:05.90 in the boys varsity 3-mile race, junior Yelm runner Bryce Cerkowniak became the first athlete from his school to finish first at the annual John Payne/Curtis Cross Country Invitational.
Yelm-based Three Girls Media Inc. was recently named Top Boutique Content Marketing Agency in Washington by CV Magazine through its 2019 Media Innovator Awards.
Too often, elected officials overlook the cumulative costs of regulations, taxes and fees on taxpayers; however, it comes back to bite them hard when people move or take matters into their own hands by initiative.
The “P” in EPA stands for Protection, but the federal Environmental Protection Agency is failing to protect our water and our health. Instead, EPA plans to allow more known toxic cancer-causing chemicals to enter our water supply.
The first visible changes stemming from the passage of our construction bond measure eight months ago are happening.
I prefer facts to rumors. So when I heard a rumor that the city of Olympia is in financial crisis, I submitted a formal request for information asking for the city’s current debt level as of September 2019.
In regards to the commentary by Nisqually Valley News Regional Editor Eric Schwartz on homelessness (“Editor’s Notes: On Homelessness, Your Opinion Doesn’t Make You Cruel or Naive”), it was nicely said.