In 30 seasons of Tenino Young-at-Heart Theatre, Bob McKenzieSullivan has had at least a hand… Read more
- Tenino Young-at-Heart Theatre: ‘Just So’ Stories Take Stage in Upcoming Show
- Updated: Federal Gun Charge Dismissed Against Man Investigated for Nancy Moyer Disappearance
- Yelm Athletes Close Out Careers in All-State Game
- City of Yelm Names Interim Finance Director
- Yelm to Move Forward With Appointment of Arts Commission
Events & Entertainment
- Nisqually Valley Happenings: Mermaid Fest, Movies in the Park and More
- Pioneer Village a Highlight of Oregon Trail Days
- Nisqually Valley Happenings: A Community Calendar
- With Swede Day, Rochester Celebrates Past Traditions With an Eye Toward the Future
- Nisqually Valley Happenings: Your Community Calendar
A number of Yelm High School graduates capped their high school football careers last weekend at the annual Washington 3A/4A East-West All-State Game, where East took home the win, 48-7.
Nisqually Valley Brewing Company may have recently closed its storefront off of Yelm Avenue, but that doesn’t mean the business is done brewing.
Shortly after Apollo 11 landed on the moon and astronaut Neil Armstrong took his famous first steps on the dusty lunar surface, some comedian in our army unit at Fort Knox, Kentucky, posted a sign in our barracks: “Sorry, Drill Sgt., No Green Cheese!”
Newsrooms are in many ways driven by the calendar.
Graduation for the class of 2019 was outstanding. Maybe the most impressive part was that the crowd size was estimated above 5,000 people! In all, 336 students crossed the stage and the class as a whole earned nearly $4 million in scholarship offers to colleges, trade schools and work transi…
Within the next decade, Washington will grow by nearly one million people. We are already in the midst of a housing shortage with no end in sight. We need a unified vision for housing that ensures all Washingtonians have a home they can afford.
When my parents graduated from high school in 1936, a college education was too expensive for the son of a copper miner and the daughter of a plumber.
Outdoor clothing and gear manufacturer Patagonia recently released “Artifishal,” a misguided documentary full of misinformation about the role hatcheries play in salmon recovery.