Come check out the ‘Egg-citement’ on The Green in 2018 with some new, as well as returning, family fun games, starting off on Thursday, Aug. 2 with the Bubble Gum Blowing Contest at 2:30 p.m. and the Corn Hole Game at 5:30 p.m. And then on Friday, Aug. 3 we have the Egg on a Spoon Race at 2:30 p.m. and Sack Races at 5:30 p.m. Returning this year on Saturday, Aug. 4 will be the Rubber Chicken Toss at 2:30 p.m. and the Watermelon Eating Contest at 5:30 p.m. and again at 6 p.m. Finishing up fair week on Sunday, Aug. 5 will be the Hay Scramble at 2:30 p.m. for ages 5-8; and again at 3 p.m. for ages 8-12.
There are also several fan favorites making a comeback this year at the fair, including:
• One Buck Wednesday on Aug. 1 - Admission is just $1 per person when you bring a non-perishable food donation for the Thurston County Food Bank. Tons of other $1 deals are featured inside the fair!
• Kid’s Day Thursday, Aug. 2 - Kids 14 and under pay just $2 for admission, and carnival armbands that get you unlimited carnival rides for the day are buy-one-get-one free for your buddy (both buddies must be present at time of purchase). Don’t forget, admission for kids 5 and under is always FREE at the fair!
• Military Appreciation Day is Friday, Aug. 3 - Active duty and retired military personnel and their families can get $2 admission per person to the fair with your military ID.
• Author’s Corner is back in the Sokolik Building and will once again feature local authors selling books, greeting fans, and autographing everything from children’s books to crime dramas.
• The Thurston County Commissioners Annual Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, August 4 from 8:30-10 a.m. Join the Commissioners and County leaders on the Gazebo Green on the east side of Heritage Hall. Breakfast is free with fair admission!
• The annual Animal Market Sale will be in the Hicks Lake Barn on Saturday, Aug. 4 at 6 p.m.
• The annual 4-H Equine Western Games begin early at 8 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 5.
For more information about these events and other fair entertainment and attractions, go to www.ThurstonCountyFair.org and select the “Daily Events Calendar” link.
The last day to purchase discount carnival ride armbands is Tuesday, July 31. Visit www.ThurstonCountyFair.org and select “Fair News” for more information about discount carnival armbands and other discounts and deals.
To learn more about this year’s events, entertainment and exhibits, contact the Thurston County
Fair Office at 360-786-5453 or visit www.ThurstonCountyFair.org.