Fall is just around the corner.
Yelm High School parents and student athletes should have fall sports registration in by Aug. 9 to guarantee easy clearance, Athletics Director Rob Hill says.
Practice for the Tornados starts next month. The football team’s first practice is Aug. 21, Hill said, while volleyball, girls soccer, boys tennis and cross country will start Aug. 26.
A parent-coach information meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on Aug. 20 in the Performing Arts Center.
Here are the Tornados’ first scheduled games. Dates and times are subject to change:
• Yelm football will face off against Skyview Friday, Sept. 6, at home. The non-league game will kick off at 7 p.m.
• The boys tennis team’s first matchup will be at Central Kitsap on Tuesday, Sept. 17. Rackets will get going at 3:30 p.m.
• Shelton will host the first South Sound Conference cross country meet Wednesday, Sept. 11, at 4:15 p.m.
• The girls soccer team will hit the pitch Saturday, Sept. 7, at home against Bethel. Game starts at 1 p.m.
• The volleyball team will host North Thurston Thursday, Sept. 12, at 7:15 p.m.