The Safeway in Lacey just hit the jackpot — figuratively.
The local grocer, located at 4700 Yelm Highway SE, has been named Washington’s Lottery Retailer of the Year for the Vancouver region.
Each year, the lottery’s five regional offices each select one retailer to be awarded Retailer of the Year. Employees nominate retailers and winners are then selected by written vote. Safeway’s high weekly sales average and enthusiastic employees helped them gain the recognition.
Winning retailers are treated to a celebration with Washington’s Lottery, including cake, T-shirts, ticket promotions for customers and a $500 credit to the retailer’s account.
In a statement provided to Washington’s Lottery, Safeway said, “The Safeway store team would like to thank Washington’s Lottery for choosing the Lacey Safeway as the 2019 Regional Retailer of the year! We appreciate the partnership and look forward to partnering together in the new year.”
All five regional Retailers of the Year are as follows:
• Vancouver Region — Safeway, 4700 Yelm Highway SE, Lacey
• Everett Region — Fred Meyer, 12906 Bothell-Everett Highway, Everett
• Federal Way Region — Ronnie’s Market, 15321 Eighth Ave. SW, Burien
• Spokane Region — Fred Meyer, 5609 E Sprague Ave., Spokane
• Yakima Region — Plaza Super Jet, 106 Okanogan Ave., Wenatchee