The Board of Thurston County Commissioners are seeking applicants interested in joining the Timberland Regional Library Board of Trustees.
Members are required to attend monthly meetings, executive sessions, major library events and training sessions. They are also asked to make periodic trips to libraries in the county.
• Adopting bylaws, rules and regulations for the governance of the library
• Developing the district’s annual budget
• Approving the monthly vouchers
• Certifying the tax levy rate
• Developing and approving district policies
• Accepting gifts of money or property for library purposes
• Leasing or purchasing land for library buildings
• Leasing, purchasing, or erecting buildings for library purposes
• Employing an executive director
Timberland Regional Library is a five-county library district. The board is comprised of seven members, one each from the Grays Harbor, Mason and Pacific counties and two each from Lewis and Thurston counties.
Thurston County residents interested in applying must complete the application at https://www.thurstoncountywa.gov/bocc/Pages/boards.aspx and email the completed application to laBonita.email@example.com.
For questions about the Timberland Regional Library Board of Trustees or any of the other various advisory boards, commissions, councils and committees, contact the clerk of the board LaBonita Bowmar at 360-786-5447.