More than 23,000 people attended the Thurston County Fair from July 31 through Aug. 4, according to a press release from the fair office.
The fair also saw an increase in participation in entries for activities such as hobbies, crafts, animals, baking and beverages.
“The 2019 fair showcased all of the traditional fair favorites — animals, agricultural exhibits, sweet treats, and savory snacks,” the fair office wrote in the press release. “The Battle of the Bands competition was fierce for its initial run, and a great addition to the fair this year was the Butterfly Encounter bringing fresh faces to a community event that reaches back to 1871.”
Other 2019 Thurston County Fair highlights:
• 3,750 total entries including animal and still life
• Market sales raised $130,000
• Volunteer shuttle drivers from North Thurston Public Schools drove more than 1,650
miles carrying 3,989 passengers
• Thurston Throwback participated for the first time
• The county commissioners’ pancake breakfast served 416 people (last year they served 315)
• Billy Goat won the mascots voting for 2020
The Thurston County Fair dates for 2020 are July 28 through Aug. 2.
For more details about these events, facility rentals and other events and occasions at the
Thurston County Fairgrounds throughout the year, contact the fair office at 360-786-5453 or