The Thurston County Lodging Tax Advisory Committee is accepting applications for qualified projects in unincorporated Thurston County to receive lodging tax funds in 2020.
Lodging tax funds can be used to promote tourism events, destinations and activities for the purpose of attracting visitors to this area.
Lodging tax revenue can also be used to pay for capital and operating costs for some tourism-related facilities, the operation of visitor or convention agencies, and the operation and marketing of special events and festivals designed to attract tourists.
Approximately $45,000 will be awarded, according to a press release from the county.
Proposals must be for tourism-related services in unincorporated Thurston County occurring in 2020.
High priority will be given to tourism activities that:
• Have a demonstrated potential or high potential from the committee’s perspective to result in overnight stays by tourists in lodging establishments within Thurston County.
• Promote Thurston County and events, activities and places in the county to potential tourists from outside Thurston County.
• Have demonstrated or high potential from the committee’s perspective to result in documented economic benefit to Thurston County.
• Have a demonstrated history of success in Thurston County, or are proposed by a group with a demonstrated history or high potential of success with similar activities.
• Minimize duplication of services where appropriate and encourage cooperative marketing and includes an element of cooperation or partnership.
• Provide, maintain, operate or enhance county-owned tourism facilities or infrastructure.
The application is available at http://www.thurstoncountywa.gov/tchome/tchomedocuments/2020LTACFundingApp.pdf and must be submitted no later than Monday, Oct. 14, at 5 p.m.
Applicants are asked to submit the original and five paper copies to Vickie Larkin, Thurston County Courthouse Complex, Building 1, Room 269, 2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW, Olympia, 98502. The committee will review proposals in a public meeting on Monday, Nov. 4, at 11 a.m. at the Thurston County Courthouse in Building 1, Room 280.
The Lodging Tax is a sales tax. It is a fee for people who stay overnight in a lodging establishment such as a hotel, motel, bed and breakfast facility or campground in unincorporated Thurston County.